Integrated Coastal and Marine Area Management – Project Directorate, (ICMAM-PD), Chennai an attached office of the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), established in 1998, has been implementing various projects in coastal research to provide systematic information, solutions and services for effective management of coastal areas.
Applications are invited for filling up of temporary project positions for various activities such as “Sea Water Quality Monitoring”, “Ecosystem Services and Management”, “Seawater Quality Criteria and Ecological Risk Assessment”, “Prediction of Water Quality”, “Coastal Processes, Shoreline Mapping & Management”, “Coastal Vulnerability & Capacity building” and “Coastal Resource Assessment and Management” at ICMAM-PD, Chennai, initially for a period of one year extendable till 31.03.2020 based on performance. View Online Books: Click Here
1. No of post:
|Name of Post||Monthly Emoluments||No. of vacancies|
|Project Scientist D (PS-D)||Rs.50000 (consolidated)*||1|
|Project Scientist C (PS-C)||Rs.46000 (consolidated)*||17|
|Project Scientist B (PS-B)||Rs.43000 (consolidated)*||33|
|Technical Assistant (TA)||Rs.27000 (consolidated)||3|
|Field Assistant (FA)||Rs.25000 (consolidated)||62|
2. Educational Qualification:
- Project Scientist D (PS-D): Oceanography/Marine Science/Physics/Mathematics OR Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering ii) 07 years experience
- Project Scientist C (PS-C) & Project Scientist B (PS-B): Master’s Degree in Oceanography/ Marine Science/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Geology/ Applied Geology/ Remote Sensing/ Geoinformatics/ Chemistry/ Marine Chemistry/ Analytical Chemistry/ Analytical Chemistry/ Environmental Sciences or equivalent/ Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Applications or equivalent. ii) 03 years experience
- Technical Assistant (TA): Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University/ Institute with at least first class not less than 60% marks.
- Field Assistant (FA): 10th Standard Pass (SSLC or Matriculation) from a recognized Board .
3. Age Condition: as on 01 February 2018, [SC/ST: 05 years Relaxation, OBC: 03 years Relaxation]
- Project Scientist D (PS-D): 45 years
- Project Scientist C (PS-C): 40 years
- Project Scientist B (PS-B): 35 years
- Technical Assistant (TA): 28 years
- Field Assistant (FA): 28 years
4. Fee: No Fee.
Last Date To Apply: 14 March 2018
Detail Info: PDF
Application Form: (Apply Here)